Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Isn't she Lovely.....Isn't she wonderful *Edited with Recipe*

Isn't she pretty... pretty .sad I know but it was so pretty I had to take a picture. I know I'm a dork!
Most people call this Seven Layer Salad or Pea Salad....
But because neither me nor James really have a thing for me, we substitute cauliflower!
It's super duper yummy and Brienne and Aaron love it too!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Just for Misty~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Just a warning, I don't really measure things..

What you need

Head of Lettuce
Bacon
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Mayonaise
Cauliflower
Broccoli (for these I buy the pre-packaged small bags at Kroger, its just the right amount)
1 Red Onion

Cut up Cauliflower, broccoli, and red onion and lettuce.....cook bacon, of if you are like me, microwave it...I buy the Tyson pre-cooked...

Layer lettuce, onion, broccoli, shredded cheese, cauliflower, mayo and then bacon......Ta-dah!

I have also noticed some people but the bacon on before the mayo..so I don't think it really matters...

4 comments:

noble pig said...

Anything in a trifle dish, is the perfect thing for me! Love it.

That Smith Girl said...

YUMMMMMMM, it looks wonderful! What is the recipe Chelle?

That Smith Girl said...

OK...thanks for the recipe Chelle, I am making this Saturday!

April said...

Yuuuuummmy, I love seven layer salad!!!