Saturday, March 8, 2008

Semi-Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup


So feeling inspiration again from The Pioneer Woman
James requested that I cook Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup! Yum, and great for a snow filled day. So I sent him out in the snow to get all the ingredients, well what we were missing. My list of ingredients is Chicken broth (2 large cans), egg noodles, poultry seasoning, black pepper, garlic, onions, celery, carrots, butter.


And Chicken Breast, (while I prefer a whole chicken, if you do not have one of if you just don't want to go to the trouble, you can use boneless chicken breasts as well)
Put your Chicken broth in a large pot on the stove
Put your chicken breast on a pan and add butter and black pepper generously and bake at 350 until done.
Boil your egg noodles as directed on the package, and then drain and set aside
Add your poultry seasoning, garlic and black pepper to the chicken broth ( I don't really measure alot so I'm sorry I'm not giving you exacts, I always just taste test mine to decide. Bring to a boil

Next (while the chicken is baking) finely chop up some onion and celery
I also cut up some carrots for the soup (Hint, add a speck of water, cover with a paper towel and microwave for about 1 minute) I add the celery, onion and carrots to the soup and simmer for 15 minutes
Look at all that juice...from the chicken and butter....don't forget to drain that into the stock pot with the broth in it...
When you are finished with the chicken shred it up
Once you have all that done, mix together 1/4 of a cup of corn starch with a 1/3 of a cup of water and mix well, then add slowly to the brother mixture. Next through in the noodles and chicken! I always let it simmer sit for about an hour before we eat it...It's so yummy!!!!!!!


No comments: